Thursday, February 2, 2012

It's the most wonderful advertising time of the year

This weekend, as everyone knows, is Superbowl Sunday. Which means of course, that it's time to get together with a few friends, sit back, drink a lot and enjoy the best part of the game--the ads! Some this year have already been leaked, including a very funny one of Matthew Broderick for Honda:


The Superbowl is like the Olympics for advertisers--it's a chance for them to show their brightest and best stuff and win the equivalent of medals (i.e., large numbers of consumers flocking to their products, along with lots of Youtube views and bragging rights to the best ad.) I don't watch the Superbowl because I don't give two craps about pro football, so sadly I've missed out on quite a few good ads.

But that's what the Internet is for, right? Here are a couple of my favorite ads from Superbowls past:

#1: Betty White Snickers commercial (2010)
Seriously, you can NEVER, EVER go wrong with Betty White. And Snickers are good, too.

#2: Darth Vader Passat (2011)
How adorable is this little kid? And it's Star Wars! Yaaaaay Star Wars!


#3: Jerry Seinfeld and the Acura NSX (2009) 
I've always enjoyed Jerry Seinfeld's standup comedy, so this was a nice little treat when I found it.

I'm hoping that the majority of this year's ads will be good. Chances are I'll have to watch most of them online, unless the Superbowl starts at 7 instead of 8 like I'm thinking. (See? This is how little I know about it, I can't even say what time it starts.)

As for halftime, who cares?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comment here...